[Pmwiki-users] wikistyles and a general remark to subject

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Sun Jun 13 21:31:20 CDT 2004

On Sat, Jun 12, 2004 at 09:38:54AM +0200, Knut Alboldt wrote:

> I didn't notice that you can already refer to a class within the wiki-style
> definitions. How's about that:
> %define=class%
> or
> %define=xxx class=myclass%
> refers to a style-class, just to shorten the definition (so default =
> class-reference).

This is an excellent idea--  by default any WikiStyle will use a class
of the same name unless/until it's redefined to be something else.
This eliminates the need for %define=xxx class=xxx% while still doing
the right thing otherwise.  :-)

> You could do a workaround like:
> Only that any formatting attribute which is defined in more than one class
> will be overwritten by the last class reference

Another great idea.  The fact that attributes defined in more than one
class will be overwritten is okay, since this is what stylesheets do
anyway.

> Another thing I noticed:
> In version 0.6 I defined a wikistyletag "font-family" (I think it's also
> implemented in one of the cookbook-recipes).
> This works well if I use
> %define=style1 font-family=Arial%
> but
> %define=style1 font-family="Paquette SSi"%
> does not, i.e.
> If the values are enclosed in quotes / double-quotes, the parsing of the
> value is incorrect.

So far the WikiStyles code doesn't understand property values with
spaces in them; I don't know if/when this will be corrected as it
complicates the code just a bit.