[Pmwiki-users] Pmwiki newbie asks: how far back is history kept?

Knut Alboldt alboldt
Sun Jun 13 14:49:59 CDT 2004

At 22:26 13.06.2004, you wrote:
>As a WIKI newbie I'm concerned with visitors making erroneous or
>malevolent changes. The counter-argument, as I understand it, is that
>while a problem in theory, in practice it's not proven to be a significant
>problem.  And anyway, one can always restore a page to its original state.
>My question is: How far back can I restore a page? Is it without limit?
>(err, limited by disk space?) Or if "n" revisions back, could a malevolent
>user just make changes until the original page becomes "n+1" and falls off
>the edge and is not a restorable choice?

As far as I could see in the pmwiki.php (v0.6.18) and the older emails +
docs it's only delimited by the no of days you specify in the variable
$DiffKeepDays in config.php. The defined default is 3650 = 10 years
(approx). Ok, it will be of course limited by diskspace :-).

Knut