[Pmwiki-users] Re: Re: PmWiki2 - FreeLinks

Christian Ridderström chr
Sat Jun 12 10:07:23 CDT 2004

> > Is there a semantic difference between 'page name' and 'page reference'
> > (or 'page handle')?
>
> Well, let me rephrase a bit-- a page name is how one identifies as page,
> e.g. in URLs and links.

> > I'm wondering if we gain anything (like understanding
> > or clarity) if we start to think and refer to "SomePage" as a 'page
> > reference' rather than as a 'page name'?  It's always been a bit fuzzy to
> > me if 'page name' includes the name of the group or not...
>
> It's fuzzy to me also, but I haven't come up with terms that accurately
> illustrate the difference between a "full name" (that includes the
> group) and the non-group portion of a page's name.  I suppose we could
> talk in terms of "full names"  (Group.SomePage) versus "names"
> (SomePage), but I'm sure that people will still sometimes use the term
> "name" when they really should say "full name".

John suggested some ideas for what to call it ('ppage' v.s. 'page' or
'folio' v.s. 'page'). Here are some other suggestions:

'page path'	- with group name(s), e.g. Group1/Group2/PageName
'page name'	- Name of the page without group names

We can skip the 'page' bit if it's obvious what we are talking about.

/Christian