[Pmwiki-users] Re: PmWiki development

Steven Leite steven_leite
Fri Jun 11 07:48:12 CDT 2004

On Friday, June 11, 2004 3:08 AM [GMT+1=CET],
Thomas -Balu- Walter <list+pmwiki-users at b-a-l-u.de> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 06:20:40PM +0200, Serge Stinckwich wrote:
>> did you look at the MoinMoin AccessControlList authentification
>> mechanism ? This is nicely described here :
>>
>> http://moinmaster.wikiwikiweb.de/HelpOnAccessControlLists

I don't like that the page/group rights are stored in the page text.  I
like it to be hidden (as it currently is in PmWiki?), although I'd also
like it to be dislplayed (retrieved) in certain situations, for example,
if an admin wants to see who currently has rights, or what the setting
are currently.  There should be a way to list all/some of the currently
rights/attributes easily in a report format or something.

I'm not sure how I would do that in PmWiki other than re-setting the
attributes via the url &action= or attrib= or whatever.  I'm not 100%
clear on the syntax because I've never used it yet.  I've never used it
yet because I don't think it's very easy to use.  I also didn't think
the description on the moinmaster site was very easy to use either (for
folks without too much admin / unix / filepermission experience).

- Steven