[Pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Pmwiki new version

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Wed Jun 9 23:37:13 CDT 2004

On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 01:39:04AM +0200, Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Jun 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> >    ``directive param''  - difficult to type, occurs in text, may have
> >                           other useful meanings such as quotations
>
> Why do you say it's difficult to type? On my keyboard I type:
> 	Shift-`
> 	Shift-`
> 	directive param
> 	''
> Is this different on your keyboard?

They're on opposite ends of a U.S keyboard, but the really big problem
is that in some fonts it's very difficult to distinguish between ` and ',
so many authors will end up typing ''directive param'' (resulting
in emphasized text) and be totally confused as to why it "doesn't work".