[Pmwiki-users] Hierarchical groups - possible notation

J. Perkins jason
Wed Jun 9 12:04:24 CDT 2004

John Feezell wrote:
> Well then how about one of these to resolve to top level group with
> pagename?
 > (very much snipped)

Oof. I was concerned about users not being able to understand ".." but
even I am having trouble understanding all of the combinations of . and
/ and now ^. I am starting to think that Pm should just keep the
existing Group.Page notation and if at all possible make it replaceable
by a local customization.

No one seems to like the idea of unix paths, but I haven't seen any
specific objections. Out of curiosity, can anyone tell me why it would
be a bad idea? I'd like to know if there is some big flaw that I haven't
noticed, before I put the time and effort into trying to turn it into a
local customization.

Thanks all,

Jason