[Pmwiki-users] Re: Escape Sequence [= ... =]

Christian Ridderström chr
Wed Jun 9 07:54:48 CDT 2004

On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 Michael_Paulukonis at divintech.com wrote:

> However, If I enter [= at the BEGINNING of a line, while the text is not
> "parsed" by pmWiki, it is neither monospaced no layed-out properly (line
> breaks are ignored, etc). I have to have a space at the beginning of the
> line, then [= to start it out.

This is actually the way it's supposed to be.

> This means that my monospace-listings are
> ALWAYS preceded by an empty line, and short fragments of code included
> within a sentence are not in monospace--just uninterpreted.

Yes, I also find this annoying. If you can come up with a good idea for
how the syntax should be, I'm sure Pm will listen to it.

> Is there some setting or config step that I'm missing?

No... [=..=] is basically used to prevent PmWiki from interpreteing the
stuff within, and in order to output stuff as <CODE>..</CODE> you have
to preceed the line with a space (or a tab). What's needed is probaly a
markup for starting a <CODE>..</CODE> without having to have the extra
white space.

You can also try the [@...@] which puts text in monospace and quotes it.
I.e. instead of

> * [= SingleWikiWords('Main/SingleWikiWords'); =]

try

* [@ SingleWikiWords('Main/SingleWikiWords'); @]

/Christian