[Pmwiki-users] PmWiki development

Bob Dively dive
Mon Jun 7 06:41:10 CDT 2004

Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:

[snipped new development description]

All the new development sounds great. I'm particularly fired up about the
ease of implementing cookbook scripts. Very cool.

> This brings up the question of "what to call the new version?"  Thus
> far I've come up with only a few ideas:

My only opinion on naming is that it should always be PmWiki and should be
something simple. Either PmWiki 1.0/2.0 would be fine (although I'd suggest
appending "b" until the new version is out of beta). Don't change it to
NewFangledWiki Mark II or whatever. PmWiki has become a recognized brand
name and changing it would be like renaming Pop Tarts to Up Jumping Toaster
Confections.

cheers,
-b