[Pmwiki-users] long loading times?

J. Meijer commentgg
Fri Jun 4 17:18:09 CDT 2004

Add this line to pmwiki.php ReadPage() :

    if (($action=='browse') and (0===strpos($k,'diff:'))) break; //HACK

Place it as the last line in the while loop. And of course add $action to
the list of globals used within ReadPage.

I did not provide the code because:
* these lines provide a proof of concept only, and are largely untested: my
diff's/restores don't work
* even when working now, it is bound to break on future versions
* anyone with programming knowledge would do the one-liner himself
* all others should not try it ;-)
* I thought I was the only one running W2K on a 64Mb RAM machine, where
virtual memory performance decides everything (with Java being the
"killer-app"..).

-jm

ps The [[linebreak]] directives work great, much better. Thanks.