[Pmwiki-users] Changelog Roulette

*** Dave Hill dave
Thu Jun 3 22:33:46 CDT 2004

<Pm>
> By default the mailposts feature doesn't keep track of changes on a
> per-group basis-- it just keeps track of them for the entire wiki.

Which is actually fine.  Well, I can see wanting a particular changelog, but I
realized and accepted they'd be bundled together.

> Also, the mail with recent changes is sent the first time a page is accessed
> after the period of time specified by the delay and squelch parameters.
> Thus the group name in a subject line will likely correspond to the group
> name of the page being accessed that triggers the sending of the mail,
> and not the group names of the pages listed in the mail.

Aha!  Yes, that's what's doing it.  That makes sense now.  Confusing, but it
makes sense.

> Fortunately, there is hope:  you should be able to set up per-group
> mailposts files by doing the following:
>
>   $MailPostsFile = FmtPageName('$WikiDir/.mailposts-$Group',$pagename);
>
> Note that this may delay the sending of a mail message somewhat further,
> as a notification for a group won't be sent until a page in that group
> is accessed after the various timers have expired.

Hmmm.  I'll have to consider whether that's what I want.  I'd just as soon see
a solution tht would have the Main changelog come underneath the main wiki
name, and leave it at that.

*** Dave
*** dave at hill-kleerup.org
*** http://www.hill-kleerup.org/pmwiki/