[Pmwiki-users] Trackback cookbook module?

Bryant Durrell durrell
Tue Jul 27 11:01:49 CDT 2004

On Mon, Jul 26, 2004 at 12:01:51AM -0400, Kass Lloyd wrote:
> Has anyone thought about adding a cookbook module for the Trackback
> protocol so that when someone elses wiki links to a page on yours your
> wiki automaticly knows and can link to theirs. This is a popular
> protocal for blogs and has uses that far exceeds a blog.
>
> http://www.movabletype.org/trackback/

I've now got this about half-implemented; thanks for the suggestion!
At the moment I've set it up as a simple append to the page, so that
Trackback pings can be edited just like any other page component.
I have not, therefore, implemented any special functionality for
retriving Trackback pings.  This is required by the spec but my
perception is that it's not often used.

Autodiscovery is simple; it just takes a template modification.

I'm blurbing this now in case anyone else is working on it as well
so that effort isn't wasted.  I'm a pretty novice PHP guy and a very
novice Pmwiki extender, so chances are that the hypothetical someone
else is doing a better job than I.

Failing that, I'll complete the first crack sometime next week and
roll it out for people to take a look at.

--
        Bryant Durrell [] http://www.innocence.com/~durrell [] 9/11/2001