[Pmwiki-users] Re: RE: Test of page drafts

John Rankin john.rankin
Wed Jul 21 20:03:21 CDT 2004

On Wednesday, 21 July 2004 7:56 PM, Christian Ridderstr?m <chr at home.se> wrote:
>On 21 Jul 2004, John Rankin wrote:
>
>> Here is a table that lists the alternatives we tried:
>>
>http://intranet.affinity.co.nz/wiki/DraftWP/AlternativeConventions?action=draft
>
>Just out of curiousity... you haven't saved that page yet, have you?
>(AFAICT, there was only the draft page there -- at least I couldn't find
>any link to the original page).

Correct -- it's still draft. And 2 clicks away from being lost forever.

And I have fixed HTMLTitleFmt to put Draft after the page name and
'Delete pagename Draft' in the title of the delete draft view. So the
browser history shows when you visit a draft and when an original.

I can't figure out how to do this easily with the standard PmWiki
template. It only works if the <title> ... </title> line in the
template is replaced with $HTMLTitleFmt. I can get the 'Draft'
using the template easily enough, but not the 'Delete' keyword.

IMO, the template would be better using the variable, then a local
customisation can modify it more easily.

--
JR