[Pmwiki-users] RE: Test of page drafts

Mirko Froehlich mfroehlich
Tue Jul 20 10:06:37 CDT 2004

This is a difficult issue. I definitely don't like the old symbol to go to
the original page from the draft page. In fact, since this does not appear
to be a standard ASCII character it already caused some weird issues: It
showed up as a cross in the email that went directly to myself, but it
showed up as a square in the email that came through the mailing list - both
on the same email client. The # would at least solve this problem.

I vote against the upside down question mark as well, but I'm not quite sure
about the ?+ either. Does it have to be a symbol at all, or could it just be
a D for draft? Or maybe the slightly more verbose ?(draft) or something like
that? The (draft) could be displayed in superscript in a really small font.
In fact, (draft) could also be used to view the draft page. If we go with
something like this, I would suggest (org) for the original page link.

Ultimately I would probably vote for icons, although I understand that
PmWiki does not currently use any icons and in fact its simple and clean UI
is one of the things I really like about it. Still, icons would probably
result in a better user experience.

-Mirko