[Pmwiki-users] Re: Plug-in Compatibility Issues . . .

Christian Ridderström chr
Fri Jul 16 15:01:52 CDT 2004

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004, Ben Wilson wrote:

> But, I do have a request. Prepend all of the functions uniquely used by
> your plug-in with something to prevent clashes. Or, use OO to hid the
> distinction. I've used the first solution when I find that two plug-ins
> are at odds with one another.

Funny, I just asked about how to get a separate namespace (for variables
though, but I've also found it annoying to name functions properly without
having to use really long names).

> I also hope that a well-reasoned approach to plug-ins can be decided on
> so that when 2.0. is out we can expect no extreme changes after. The
> reason I ditched Drupal is that every minor release risked breaking
> modules; in once case all my modules and themes were ruined by an
> arbitrary design change--in a minor release!
>
> Is there any way to see the developing 2.0?

Isn't it available on sourceforge?  Or at pmwiki.org/devel?

(I'm not sure, but it shouldn't be too difficult to find)

/Christian