[Pmwiki-users] Autosave on Preview

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Fri Jul 9 09:55:14 CDT 2004

On Fri, Jul 09, 2004 at 08:31:23PM -0700, Steven Leite wrote:
> On Thursday, July 08, 2004 8:24 PM [GMT+1=CET],
> Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
>
> Is there a special reason why you want the "draft" copy to be stored in
> the page file itself rather than a separate file?

Simplicity, plus I like keeping related things together as much as
I can.

There's another point to be made here, and that is that there is already
a way to do much of what is desired by manipulating the $WikiDir
and $WikiLibDirs variables--i.e., one can always set $WikiDir to write
pages to a directory other than wiki.d, and one can set $WikiLibDirs so
that ReadPage looks in directories other than wiki.d and wikilib.d.