[Pmwiki-users] german pmwiki documentation translation: how to contribute

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Wed Jul 7 18:33:19 CDT 2004

On Mon, Jul 05, 2004 at 10:30:50PM +0200, Christian Bartolomaeus wrote:
> - Am I right assuming, that translated pages under
>   http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWikiDe/ will become part of the
>   i18n.tgz 'packet'?
> - Is this language support package updated regularly from
>   http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWikiDe/?

Yes!  I update this about once a week or so--basically i18n.tgz contains
all of the pages that are in the PmWikiDe and other language-specific
groups.  I've been falling behind in this lately--I'll do another update
tonight or tomorrow.

> - Is someone checking the translations before adding them to i18n.tgz?

Nope, not really.  Unfortunately I don't have an easy way to do this.
However, I suspect I can build an "approval" process for translation
pages if we ever need one.

> - Would it, thus, be senseful to add my translations to www.pmwiki.org
>   instead of just translating my local documentation pages?

Yes, that's why they're there.  :-)