[Pmwiki-users] possible bug in $WikiPageCreateFmt

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Wed Jul 7 08:54:22 CDT 2004

On Wed, Jul 07, 2004 at 12:47:03PM +1200, John Rankin wrote:
> pmwiki.php contains the line:
>     $WikiPageCreateSpaceFmt = &$WikiPageCreateFmt;
> If one adds a local definition of $WikiPageCreateSpaceFmt
> to config.php, $WikiPageCreateFmt takes on the same value.
> I have tested this with an action=diag on a plain PmWiki
> install.
> [...]
> I think the current behaviour is a bug, introduced some time
> in version 0.6. It should be possible to set the spaced and
> unspaced formats independently.

Agreed that it should be possible to set the spaced and unspaced
formats independently--I guess I wasn't thinking straight when I
put the ampersand in place.  What I was intending to achieve was
that $WikiPageCreateSpaceFmt would take on the value of $WikiPageCreateFmt
unless it was specifically changed in local.php, but I forgot that
the reverse would be a problem.  The correction is for me to use
an SDV() line, and I'll do this in the next release.

Thanks for catching this.