[Pmwiki-users] Quoting http:/.... from within code invoke by $DoubleBrackets

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Sat Jan 24 19:48:37 CST 2004

On Sun, Jan 25, 2004 at 02:17:14AM +0100, Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:

> So, if [[$Title]] is a part of $DoubleBrackets, it's output can be further
> processed.
>  * Can it also be processed for other double-brackets?

Potentially, yes, but I haven't bothered to define the exact semantics
here (more below).

>    Let's say the current page is 'Title.HomePage', and we have:
> 	[[$[[$Group]]]]
>    what *should* the final output be? The actual result is:
> 	http://www.lyx.org/~chr/demo/pmwiki.php?pagename=Title.HomePage
>  [...]

Answer #1 (short): The behavior of nested double-brackets is in general
undefined.

Answer #2 (longer): Rather than try to come up with an answer for "what
should happen" in every markup instance, I've followed PmWikiPhilosophy
#3 and used a simplistic implementation that covers 95% of the cases for
now (and typically doesn't present too much confusion to the naive author),
leaving the other 5% of the cases purposefully unresolved until one or two
specific problem scenarios are presented that can guide us towards a
"correct" answer to such cases.  :-)