[Pmwiki-users] CSS layout in pmwiki-0.6

Christian Ridderström chr
Thu Jan 22 04:31:29 CST 2004

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 21, 2004 at 09:17:22PM -0500, PmWiki at ThunderBunny.org wrote:
> > 	Here's a vote for the search box right up front.  In practice I've
> > found it the fast way to navigate as I can never remember where I
> > put that link.
>
> To get some rapid feedback I threw a search box into the header on the
> beta wiki (http://www.pmichaud.com/work/beta/pmwiki.php), although the
> search results still do not display properly--I'll fix that soon.
>
> I could really use suggestions on improving the layout of the search
> box and links in the upper-right-hand-corner of the page.

Some thoughts:

 * I think I'd prefer a bigger (longer) search field, and I find it
   annoying when the search form is difficult to find. => maybe
   it shouldn't be up in the right corner, but more in the center?

 * Um, is the 'search'/'submit' or 'go' button missing on purpose?

 * I think that it's probably in general good to have a link called
	SiteHelp

 * If the header will contain 'WikiHelp', 'SiteHelp' and 'SearchHelp',
   maybe these could be grouped together somehow? (into a help section).

   Hmm... maybe we could have:

		WikiHelp     SiteHelp    SearchHelp
                [      <search-form>          ]  Go

/Christian