[Pmwiki-users] Re: CSS layout in pmwiki-0.6

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Sun Jan 18 02:34:49 CST 2004

On Sun, Jan 18, 2004 at 04:50:53AM -0300, Andres Yver wrote:
> There's a css layout scheme floating around the net that might work for
> you.
> http://solaroof.org/csscolumns.html
> stylesheet is inline for perusal.
> works in mozilla, netscape, opera, ie, safari, moz firebird (all mac)

Didn't work for me in IE6 (windows), but it had some excellent ideas
and pointers in it to help me along.  I've modified
http://www.pmichaud.com/work/beta/pmwiki.php/Kallisti/LongTextPageDiv
based on these suggestions and now have resizing windows in Netscape and IE6
(although the boxes don't quite align properly at the top).

I suspect this layout runs into problems if the text in the wikibody
is ever vertically smaller than the left box; the footer and left box will
overlap.  Indeed, that's what happens--see the attached screenshot.  It's
probably okay for this layout where the left box is relatively small and
text boxes would typically be a bit long, but wouldn't work well if the
left or right boxes are vertically taller than the content.

Thanks bunches,