[Pmwiki-users] CSS layout in pmwiki-0.6

Christian Ridderström chr
Fri Jan 16 07:17:14 CST 2004

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 02:07:47PM +0100, Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:
> >
> > Maybe we should use a table for the basic page layout, and rely on CSS for
> > minor aspects?
>
> The basic page layout is handled by tables--all of the cells described in
> my previous message are table cells, except for "wikitext" which is a <div>.
> However, none of the <table> or <td> tags have width attributes in them--the
> layout relies on the CSS to provide that information.

Ok, that means the 'degradation' is just because without CSS there
are no widths. Well, then there's nothing to do about it, is there?
(adding something like 'width=100%' to the table HTML would override the
CSS so that the CSS couldn't be used to set the width, right?)

/Christian

--
Dr. Christian Ridderstr?m, +46-8-768 39 44       http://www.md.kth.se/~chr