[Pmwiki-users] CSS layout in pmwiki-0.6

John Rankin john.rankin
Thu Jan 15 15:43:25 CST 2004

On Friday, 16 January 2004 4:32 AM, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 02:07:47PM +0100, Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:

> Maybe we should use a table for the basic page layout, and rely on CSS for
> minor aspects?

The basic page layout is handled by tables--all of the cells described in
my previous message are table cells, except for "wikitext" which is a <div>.
However, none of the <table> or <td> tags have width attributes in them--the
layout relies on the CSS to provide that information.

Pm
===
Lead me by the hand a little, please.

1. What is your reason for using a table cell for the left and right menu spaces,
rather than <div>?

2. Is it possible to set, say, a $SideWidth once in local.php and have the
style sheet use it in all the places it needs to? I tried to do this once and
couldn't get the variable value to "take".

JR