[Pmwiki-users] CSS layout in pmwiki-0.6

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Thu Jan 15 13:26:13 CST 2004

On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 03:11:30PM +1300, Robin Sheat wrote:
> Hmm, on my read of it, I quite like it. How will the content for the
> left and right panels be defined? Just having a 'WebMenuLeft' and
> WebMenuRight' page?

The left and right panels are defined by setting values for
$PageLayoutFmt['wikileft'] or $PageLayoutFmt['wikiright'].  Whatever
strings you set in those variables appear in the panel.

> If you want to play with conversions, you could try
> mine (www.kallisti.net.nz/wiki), it is done with FlexLayout.

Done -- take a look at http://www.pmichaud.com/work/beta/pmwiki.php/Kallisti .
I've also set up the Kallisti group so that if the page Kallisti.WebMenuLeft
exists it is displayed in a left panel.  The page has links to the CSS
file used for the layout and the local.php code used to format the left
panel and display the WebMenuLeft page only if it exists.

> The effect
> I was aiming to reproduce with this is at http://tony.rocks.cc/ , with
> the "pseudo-transparency" effect, if you can get that kind of thing
> working, I'd be quite happy :)

I think I accomplished what you want in the left panel--take a look.