[Pmwiki-users] robots

Christian Ridderström chr
Sat Jan 10 16:25:18 CST 2004

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 04:41:31PM +0100, bram brambring (zonnet) wrote:
> >

> This is useful to know.  Another approach to the meta tag problem
> instead of allowing arbitrary metatags would be to have directives like
> [[keywords: ]], [[description:]], and [[robots:]].

This sounds like a good idea to me.

Btw, maybe there should be something similar to a GroupHeader/Footer
for the entire site?
(Site.SiteHeader and Site.SiteFooter - I 'Main' is so generic IMO)

Then it'd be enough to write for instance

	[[robots:nofollow,index]]

one of them. Another idea would be to have a page Site.SiteHead that is
used especially for directives that affect what goes into <HEAD>..</HEAD>

Just some loose thoughts.

> However, keep in mind that there's also been some low-volume discussion about
> entering page descriptions using a "=desc" markup, so another approach
> might be to use
>    =keywords
>    =desc
>    =robots

That markup looks a bit 'ugly' IMHO, and I think it's better with a more
consistent markup where most of the directives use double brackets.

/Christian

--
Dr. Christian Ridderstr?m, +46-8-768 39 44       http://www.md.kth.se/~chr