[Pmwiki-users] Another interlink-pattern issue

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Fri Jan 9 13:52:50 CST 2004

On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 12:37:43PM +1300, John Rankin wrote:

> I noticed that the problem is no longer there at pmichaud.com... so I
> guess you have removed the '|' from $UrlPathPattern, is that it?

I did remove the '|' from the $UrlPathPattern for testing purposes at
pmichaud.com but didn't intend it to be a permanent change (i.e., I forgot
to undo the change).  I haven't committed to any solution yet.

> Do these have || or just | -- might it be possible to allow | in a URI
> but treat || as a table delimiter?

Not easily with the current setup.  It's fairly hard to craft patterns
that allow single characters but exclude repeated ones.  I think I'd
prefer the "null character" approach where something terminates the URL
without introducing extra markup.