gmane.org (was Re: [Pmwiki-users] Information gems regarding PmWiki)

Christian Ridderström chr
Thu Jan 8 02:30:04 CST 2004

About mirroring the pmwiki list through gmane.org...

Well, I just looked at http://gmane.org/ and it's just a matter of
doing it... Here are the instructions:
     http://gmane.org/add.php

and it's also possible to import previous mail archives.

Why would this be a good thing?
Because we automatically get the possiblitiy of searching the archive
(without Pm having to do any extra work).

In addition, we get the choice of reading/accessing the list as if
it's a news group (which I personally prefer). And of course, it's
trivial to create links to posts using URI:s like this:

	http://article.gmane.org/gmane.editors.lyx.general/13955

Or use a web-interface to browse the list:

	http://news.gmane.org/gmane.editors.lyx.general

(it's actually pretty good, they even have keyboard shortcuts working).

Anyway, I'll leave the decision to Pm, but if other people on this
list have experience with gmane.org, it's probably a good idea to
share that.

/Christian

--
Dr. Christian Ridderstr?m, +46-8-768 39 44       http://www.md.kth.se/~chr