[Pmwiki-users] A problem when quoting quotes

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Mon Jan 5 07:37:29 CST 2004

When processing a [=...=] sequence, PmWiki always stops at the first =]
that it encounters (if I read the regex correctly).  Thus the markup

treats "[=|| [==]" as an escaped sequence not to be processed (output as
"|| [=", and the remaining "||=]" as additional unescaped text, resulting
in "|| [=||=]" on the display.  The problem you're seeing doesn't have
anything to do with the ||-table code--the table code is only invoked when
the || is at the very beginning of the line.

Pm