[Pmwiki-users] text dropout in IE

Christian Ridderström chr
Fri Jan 2 21:29:39 CST 2004

On Fri, 2 Jan 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> Ultimately I want to preserve the concept that a blank line in the
> wiki markup becomes a blank line in the XHTML output.

Why? Or rather, maybe you could explain how you think it should work?

The way it works right now seem fine to me... I did some test here:
	http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/Test/EmptyLineExamples

and I like it that no blank line produces no extra vertical spaces,
whereas one or more blank lines produce some extra space. This is also
consistent with how (normal) horizontal spaces are treated.

> Currently that's accomplished by the use of the (empty) paragraph tag,
> which everyone agrees isn't really the cleanest way to do things.  I'm
> open for other suggestions.

Would using a something like this work?
(I'm guessing wildly here)

> Properly containerizing the paragraph tags, so that we have
> wiki markup is processed and the variations that can develop.
>
> Another idea might be to eliminate <p> tag altogether, converting sequences
> of blank lines into a <br /><br /> sequence.

Wouldn't using <br> affect placement of figures/tables as well?

> While we're at it, anyone had any further ideas about replacing [[<<]] markup,
> or preserving newline semantics in PmWiki markup?  I'd like to resolve these
> issues "once and for all" in PmWiki 0.6.

Is there a page where the different alternatives are discussed? It's been
a while now and I've forgotten what they are...

/Christian

--
Dr. Christian Ridderstr?m, +46-8-768 39 44       http://www.md.kth.se/~chr