MailForm (was: [Pmwiki-users] email protection)

Nils Knappmeier nk
Sun Feb 29 06:40:30 CST 2004

Dipl.-Ing.(FH) Karl Loncarek wrote:

>Hi erveyone,
>
>is there a way to protect email links?
>I want to prevent a robot to collect my email-address (or others) on my site and sending me spam.
>Newer robots are capable or recognizing e.g. AT instead of @ or spaces between the letters.
>
>Any ideas?

I've just added a small script to the cookbook that allows a visitor to
send you email via a web form. You can use it, without having to include
your address in any visible part of the page. (Addresses go into config.php)
Comments appreciated. (Someone capable could change the default form
template to something using css.)

Another way to display your email bot-safe, is to write is down on a
paper, make a photo and include it to your page...

Nils