[Pmwiki-users] Bug {{Free Links}} and %trails%

Steven Leite steven_leite
Sat Feb 28 08:48:38 CST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Patrick R. Michaud" <pmichaud at pobox.com>
To: "Steven Leite" <steven_leite at kitimat.net>
Cc: <pmwiki-users at pmichaud.com>
Sent: Friday, February 20, 2004 9:59 AM
Subject: Re: [Pmwiki-users] Bug {{Free Links}} and %trails%

> On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 08:10:23PM -0800, Steven Leite wrote:
> >
> >    Free  Links don't seem to work with trails.  The %trail% function
only
> >    picks up WikiWords.
>
> %trail% isn't a function, it's a WikiStyle--all it does is change the
> styling of the thing that follows.
>
> Can you give an example of a page where a WikiTrail isn't working?
> That makes it easier to debug, since all of my tests with FreeLinks
> and WikiTrails have worked up til now.

When I make a page with some bullet items followed by a {{Free Link}} ,
sub-pages with

%trail%<|MyGroup.MyPage|> or <<|MyGroup.MyPage|>> don't work (ie. no trail
shows up, only a link to the MyGroup.MyPage).

I'll assume you've checked it out and it works ok, and that I'm just making
some grave error in my syntax, or my local sever is screwy.  I don't have
the patience to play with this particular feature anymore.  I was just
trying it out of curiosity, but I actually don't have any use for this
feature.

-S