[Pmwiki-users] Extending PmWiki to Use More Custom Styles

Steven Leite steven_leite
Fri Feb 27 19:47:31 CST 2004

Is there much demand for improving %style% command?  I'd very much like to be able to use this sort of syntax to build complex custome styles:

%define=my_blue color=#4B91CE%

%define=my_background bgcolor=yellow%

%define=b font-weight=bold%

%define=highlight color=my_blue bgcolor=my_background font-weight=b%

Here's some %highlight% highlighted text%%

This was discussed breifly last week, and Patrick suggested trying to stick to existing css conventions which I think is a fine idea, except some of the css conventions use dashes (like font-family, or text-decoration).  I'm anxious to use some of the syntax above, so I have two questions.

Is there an easy way for me to modify or "update" my local/config.php file to get this syntax to work (with existing markup styles).

And next question is, how difficult would it be to implement more styles (particularily, bold, italic, underline and strikethrough).

Thanks!

--S

Reference:  Here's a css->html conversion table I cut and paste from Dreamweaver docs.  It's doesn't contain all styles, just some common ones.  I'm not suggesting we use all of them, it's just for reference (for people like me who aren't all that familiar with all of the valid css markup).

      CSS attribute  Converted to
      color  FONT COLOR
      font-family  FONT FACE
      font-size  FONT SIZE="[1-7]"
      font-style: oblique  I
      font-style: italic  I
      font-weight  B
      list-style-type: square  UL TYPE="square"
      list-style-type: circle  UL TYPE="circle"
      list-style-type: disc  UL TYPE="disc"
      list-style-type: upper-roman  OL TYPE="I"
      list-style-type: lower-roman  OL TYPE="i"
      list-style-type: upper-alpha  OL TYPE="A"
      list-style-type: lower-alpha  OL TYPE="a"
      list-style  UL or OL with TYPE as appropriate
      text-align  P ALIGN or DIV ALIGN as appropriate
      text-decoration: underline  U
      text-decoration: line-through  STRIKE