[Pmwiki-users] Preview functionality (Was: Checkbox "This is aminor edit" ...)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Fri Feb 27 09:46:01 CST 2004

On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 11:31:53AM -0500, Bob Dively wrote:
> Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 09:06:16AM -0500, Bob Dively wrote:
> > This was actually discussed at length when preview was first
> > added and the consensus at the time was that previews should
> > go on the bottom and not in a separate page.
>
> Hmm, I find that to be a somewhat strangely counter-intuitive decision, but
> I will happily live with the majority rule and super-easy customization.

Well, I can't really say it qualifies as "majority rule"--not many
participated in the discussion.  But it's the default for now and
easily changed.  :-)

> > However, as you
> > might guess, you can change this in local/config.php with:
> >     $HandleEditFmt = array(&$PageStartFmt, &$PagePreviewFmt,
> >       &$PageEditFmt, &$PageEndFmt);
> Thanks. I really should spend more time understanding the various PmWiki
> variables so I don't have to pester the list with this stuff. The only
> problem with this layout is that the users still have to scroll to find the
> Save button, but at least it will be a little more logical to them.

There's a *lot* of variables, which of course is what makes PmWiki
so customizable.  I'm trying to document some of the customizations
in the cookbook.

And, you can always add more save buttons to the $PagePreviewFmt or
$PageEditFmt variables to put them where you think they ought to go
(even via a template).  :-)