[Pmwiki-users] whither page refs

Bronwyn Boltwood arndis
Thu Feb 26 19:07:57 CST 2004

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 11:00:05 -0700, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 12:36:58PM -0500, Bronwyn Boltwood wrote:

>> Pm, this [crossrefs link] worked a couple minor versions ago, but no
>> longer does in my wiki in either of the templates that it's enabled in
>> (homebrew work-in- progress and JH).  My link looks like: <a
>> href='$PageUrl?action=search&amp;text=$Title'>$[crossreferences]</a>
>
> Umm, when you say your link looks like the above, do you mean it looks
> like this in the template file or in the resulting output?

The link in the template is <a
href='$PageUrl?action=search&amp;text=$Title'>$[crossreferences]</a>.  It
displays correctly in the wikipage, as "crossreferences" -- but generates a
completely blank page when clicked.

> Also, what version of PmWiki are you using?

I have PmWiki 0.6.6, and have been developing the same site on:
-  UNIX server, Apache 1.3.29, PHP 4.3.4.  See
http://arndis.godsong.org/test.php for more info about its PHP config.
-  Windows 2000/XP PCs, both running a recent miniXAMPP with Apache 2.0.48
and PHP 4.3.4 + PEAR.

> Also, the code should probably read $Title_ instead of $Title, in case
> $SpaceWikiWords is turned on (sorry about that, my error in the
> original).

I have $SpaceWikiWords is turned on now, and may have had it turned off
during the earlier tests.  I am trying it again...

Link in template now reads
-  $SpaceWikiWords 1 in config.php: link displays correctly in page but
generates a completely blank page when clicked.
-  $SpaceWikiWords 0 in config.php: link displays correctly in page but
generates a completely blank page when clicked.

More tests show that it works in 0.6.2, regardless of $Title, $Title_, or
$SpaceWikiWords.  It starts exhibiting the problem described above as of 0.6.3.

Thank you for the quick response!
Bronwyn