[Pmwiki-users] Font size while modifying skins

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Wed Feb 25 14:48:02 CST 2004

On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 04:24:30PM -0500, Bob Dively wrote:

> Pretty nifty. Out of curiosity how is it coming up with the
> %s? I'm guessing that you didn't arbitrarily decide that
> three "+" characters represents 172.8%.

No, I followed the CSS 2 guidelines that says each step increase
should be 120% of the previous font size.  So for "+" characters
PmWiki just uses 120% raised to the power of the number of +'s.
Thus '+' is 120%, '++' is 144%, '+++' is 172.8%, etc.

For smaller text it does the inverse, raising (5/6) to the power
of the number of '-' signs.  If I had been really fancy I might've
tried to find a way to raise 120% to a negative exponent when '-'s
where there but I took the easy way out on this one.

What's kinda cool is being able to create your own "legal fine print"
by writing something like

   [------- reading this page obligates you to send me money -------]

(font-size:28%) which comes out in a nearly if not totally illegible
text on my browser.  :-)