[Pmwiki-users] getting the template path?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Tue Feb 24 15:37:53 CST 2004

On Tue, Feb 24, 2004 at 11:12:59PM +0100, Thomas -Balu- Walter wrote:

> I am not sure wether we need variables for those two, but having a
> variable that points to the actual skin directory helped here. I've
> done the following now:
>
> in local/config.php:
> $PageTemplateFmt  = 'pub/skins/balu/page.tmpl';
> $PageTemplatePath = dirname($PageTemplateFmt);

Oh, this is pretty good.  Maybe tlayout.php should automatically
set a value for $PageTemplateDir based on the value of $PageTemplatePath?
And it'd be really nice if we could also set a $PageTemplateDirUrl also,
for references to images and css files.  But I'm not quite sure of a
robust way to achieve this last one...

> > > Another thing I'd like to have is to link $LastModifiedBy to the
> > > apropriate profiles entry and was not able to find a way yet.
> >
> > Set your display function (or variable) to output the full link if
> > LastModifiedBy is not empty:
> >
> >    <a class='authorlink' href='$ScriptUrl/$AuthorGroup/$LastModifiedBy'>
> >      $LastModifiedBy</a>
>
> $AuthorGroup was what I was missing. This won't work though if
> $LastModifiedBy contains spaces and similar...

Oh, you're right.  Perhaps I should also set a $LastModifiedByPage
that has the profile page of the person that last edited the page
(i.e., that strips the spaces and stuff, same as is done for $AuthorPage
in scripts/author.php)?