[Pmwiki-users] CSS links under 0.6.1 or later

Richard Canning rcanning
Mon Feb 23 18:59:54 CST 2004

Back many month ago when I started to use PmWiki 0.5.something, it was the Site/Group/Page based cascading of config files that made me choose PmWiki over some others. I have never regretted this decision. PmWiki is great!

When 0.6.beta came out and the css worked exactly the same way, I jumped up and down and danced a jig of glee; that is just the kind of person I am.

I would love to see this put back in place so that $HTMLHeaders is automatically populated with stylesheets in the following order if they exist in the /pub/css/ directory.

  1) local.css
  2) $Group.css
  3) $Group.$Page.css

This brings the main thing that makes PmWiki so easy to administer back.

Skins are great, and the ability to set different groups to use different skins works very well, but I could end up with a lot of stuff in the skins directory, just to make simple changes that I think a cascading system like happens with the .php files in /local/ would be great.

Just standing up for something I firmly believe in.

Richard

-----Original Message-----
From: Patrick R. Michaud [mailto:pmichaud at pobox.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2004 12:42 PM
To: Richard Canning
Cc: Nathan Jones; pmwiki-users at pmichaud.com
Subject: Re: [Pmwiki-users] CSS links under 0.6.1 or later

[snip]

> But I am sure it would not be too hard to add a line that
> would check if there is a Group.css file and add this line
> if it exists, and do the same for pages.....

    $group = FmtPageName('$Group',$pagename);
    if (file_exists("pub/css/$group.css"))
      $HTMLHeaders .= "<link rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'
        href='$PubDirUrl/css/$group.css' />";

> However, this seems a lot more clumsy than the way it used to be
> where it would automatically put them in if they were there.
> Patrick?

Well, we could certainly add such capability as a cookbook recipe. And it would not be too difficult for me to add something like the above back to the default configuration...

Pm

The information contained in this email message and any attachments
may be confidential and may also be the subject of legal professional
privilege.  If you are not the intended recipient of this email, any
disclosure or copying of this material is unauthorised and prohibited.
Please notify me by return email.