[Pmwiki-users] possible regexp hiccup?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Mon Feb 23 18:30:28 CST 2004

On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 06:34:20PM -0500, Bob Dively wrote:
> Check out
> http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/PmWiki/DiffAndPatchForWindows
>
>     [=
>     $SysDiffCmd = 'C:\\"Program
> Files"\\GnuWin32\\bin\\diff';
>     $SysPatchCmd = 'C:\\"Program
> Files"\\GnuWin32\\bin\\patch --silent'; =]
>
> Various email readers will probably wrap that funny, but you
> get the idea. Now remove the space between the semi-colon
> and the =] at the end of those lines. Now Preview the page
> and find the $SysPatchCmd in the Preview section below the
> edit box. No semi-colon. Putting the space back and
> previewing again returns the semi-colon. I can't duplicate
> this on my own install which is still 0.6.0.

I'm going to guess you're running Internet Explorer.  I can duplicate
what you described in my browser, and surprise, if you do "View Source"
then you can see that the semicolon is indeed there in the HTML source.
IE is just not displaying it, probably because it falls on the edge of the
rendering box.  (IE has lots of trouble with box sizes and margins and
the like.)

It displays fine in Netscape 7.1.  The "fix" would have to be to adjust
the margins or CSS properties somehow.  But thanks for pointing this out--
it's an interesting quirk I'll have to experiment with some more.