[Pmwiki-users] User based security?

J. Perkins jason
Mon Feb 23 18:02:22 CST 2004

Now that Pm has that new layout system in place, I'm sure he's looking
for something to occupy his spare time... ;)

I had been working on a "user security" addon for 0.5.x, but abandoned
it when the author-tracking stuff was added to 0.6. I would like to have
a way to control access to the wiki on a user level, rather than having
"site", "group", and "page" passwords. In my case, the people being
allowed access changes rather frequently, and some users are
understandably annoyed when they have to remember a new set of passwords.

Anyway, before I start trying to do this myself, are there any plans to
make such a system part of the official distribution? On any other
project I would just start coding, but Pm is so darn fast he's liable to
have this and ten other features done before my post even hits the list.

Thanks, and keep up the great work!

Jason