[Pmwiki-users] Problems with new Layout (in WYSIWYG editors)

Bob Dively dive
Mon Feb 23 07:04:15 CST 2004

Steven Leite <steven_leite at kitimat.net> wrote:

> For a template layout that relies heavily on graphics
> layout or .css styles, the only way to make it look right
> (while editing) is to have those files locally available
> .. which results in a broken template when you upload
> because PmWiki requires you either:  provide pathing
> information via $Variable, or that you use direct pathing
> /rootdir/wikidir/pub/skins/images/image.gif.

I don't see why you couldn't use relative paths for things
like CSS files and design element images with PmWiki. You
would only have to be careful to create your local template
file in a directory structure relative to the /pub
directory, i.e., locally, your template file would have to
be in the same place that pmwiki.php would be on the server.
You wouldn't be to use $ScriptUrl, but with the new
templating system that's just a shortcut. You couldn't use
$PageLogoUrlFmt but you could easily replicate it.

-b