[Pmwiki-users] New Template Comments (Dreamweaver)

Steven Leite steven_leite
Sun Feb 22 19:53:10 CST 2004

>My only nitpick about the new templates - and it's a very, very small
>nitpick - is the use of html comments as section delimiters. If someone
>creates a layout with a WYSIWYG html editor like DreamWeaver, they
>won't be able to see the html comments without looking at the source which
>might make the process of producing a template slightly harder.

False.  They show the comments as icons.  You click the icon, and the
comment show's up in the properties field.  You can edit the comment there
(without going to code view).  I'm not sure about FrontPage, but I think it
has similar feature depending on what version you use.

Also note comments are optional (I think).

(I think) content is inserted with $Variables, not comments.  Comments are
only
there for pmwiki to be able to identify the various parts of the template so
that it can disable them (for example, in a call to [[noheader]].  If I'm
wrong, I'm sure Pm will correct me :-)

--S