[Pmwiki-users] Looking for help. Need tough individuals for rewarding work.

John Feezell JohnFeezell
Sun Feb 22 18:06:47 CST 2004

Hi all,

I'm in the late phase of a rewrite of a Form Template System to use with
PmWiki 6.0
and I'm looking for some individuals who would be willing to "test" the
system some and provide me with comments and feedback.  However, it likely
be dangereous work with the risk of encountering "error" messages and
abrupt
halts in operations.  If you'd be willing to take the risk, then here's
what
you need to do to begin.

0. Change the xxx in the following URI to a pagename you will use for
     the template design.  Perhaps your name with FormDesign attach, e.g.,
     JohnFeezellFormDesign.  It can be any name you like.
     Point your browser at the site.

ttp://po.3wplace.com/wiki6/Forms/xxx?action=duplicate&page=Forms/SampleDesign

In the page opened for editing change the following two lines:

Define "nameyourtemplate" as "template" \\\
Attach "nameyourtemplate" to "Forms/namegoeshere" \\\

NOTE: BE SURE TO CHANGE BOTH LINES.

1. Replace BOTH "nameyourtemplate" with a template name of your choice in
quotes.
2. Replace "Forms/namegoeshere" with a name of your choice for the page
that
     will use the template for editing.  Please use group "Forms" with the
     name.

3. then make any changes to the page and save it,
4. then add to the URI for the page

?action=prepform

and hold on to your seat.  If everything goes as planned you'll end up
in a form.  Enter any changes you'd like and then "Submit" the form.

Now you can edit the first page you created and modify the form or comment
out items. Save the page and use ?action=prepform to update the form
template
and return to the form.

Here's how it works:
define template -- this is the first page you're editing
create template -- ?action=prepform creates and stores a template
use template with page to create a form -- this is the last page you're
seeing.

If you want to use the form with another page just do the following:
//po.3wplace.com/Forms/SomePageName?template=nameyourtemplate

Let me know your comments. And remember this site is a great deal of flux
so watch your step.  Nothing is certain and sometimes the lights go out and
you're left in the dark.

Thanks.

/JF