[Pmwiki-users] Major change to layout code likely (again!)

Robin Sheat robin
Sun Feb 22 14:05:40 CST 2004

On Sun, Feb 22, 2004 at 01:18:36AM -0700, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> So, please get your comments, suggestions, feedback, and approval/
> disapproval to me right away.  The longer the complex code remains
> "out there", the more new and existing users that will be unnecessarily
> subjected to it, thus I'd like to get the new release out within the
> next 24 hours.
This system looks very nifty, and very similar to an HTML generation
system I did, I'm disappointed with myself that I didn't suggest it :)

Hopefully in the next few days I'll actually get time to use it, and
will be able to give you more effective input.

A tangental question: I'm thinking of wiki-fying my whole webserver
setup, for ease of updating (and was waiting for 0.6.1 (always teething
problems in a .0) and free time). However, assuming I pop pmwiki.php
into $WEBROOT, and alias / to $WEBROOT/pmwiki.php in httpd.conf, how can
I ensure that other URLs, such as www.kallisti.net.nz/pbem aren't
interpreted as part of the wiki? Will I have to alias each of them? (I'm
not too averse to that, I rarely add directories). Is there a nicer way?

Actually, it would probably be best to alias / to $WEBROOT/wiki, so I
avoid clutter.
cya,
--
Robin <robin at kallisti.net.nz>                 JabberID: <eythian at jabber.org>

Hostes alienigeni me abduxerunt. Qui annus est?

PGP Key 0x776DB663 Fingerprint=DD10 5C62 1E29 A385 9866 0853 CD38 E07A 776D B663