[Pmwiki-users] Re: Comments in new tmpl files

Christian Ridderström chr
Sun Feb 22 12:52:13 CST 2004

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 22, 2004 at 09:08:24AM -0600, John Feezell wrote:
> >
> > Will it be possible to use "comment" instructions to temporarily suspend a
> > particular portion of the template?
>
> Umm, I don't quite understand what you mean here...can you give an
> example?

I'm guessing he would like to be able to "wrap" a part of the template
within a comment so that it's no longer "active". As for why, I guess he'd
like to while designing/debugging his template.

In addition, I'd like comments for the simple reason of being able to add
comments to the template (Note: I'm saying this without a clue as to how
the template actually looks... -- I haven't gotten that far yet in my mail
harvest).

Isn't there already some HTML syntax for comments, e.g.

	<!-- >

or something?

/Christian