[Pmwiki-users] Re: Author in HandlePosts

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Fri Feb 20 07:20:40 CST 2004

On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 03:03:11PM +0100, Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Feb 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> I'm afraid I don't really know how http-post works :-(  checking into
> what's actually sent, I have these "headers"

> And a body like this:
>
>   text=<lots of encoded text>
>   &author=chr
>   &diffclass=
>   &action=post
>   &pagename=EmacsModes%2eChangeLog
> Do you have an idea of how I could test if this 'body' is sent using
> 'post' or 'get'?

This looks correct, so I'm not sure what's happening to cause it to not
work.  If you're getting the pages edited properly then it has to be
doing a post, as the HandlePost routine only accepts text changes
from $_POST[].

I'm assuming that you've verified that setting an author name via a
browser's edit form is still working properly.  And have you tried
this with another site--say, the WikiSandbox on pmichaud.com?

> For instance, is it correct that $HTTP_POST_VARS only will contain
> 'posted' key/value-pairs, whereas $HTTP_GET_VARS only will contain things
> through get?

Yes.

> And how do you extract key/value pairs that are passed through the URI?

$_GET (or $HTTP_GET_VARS) contains those.