[Pmwiki-users] Sidebar disappears

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Thu Feb 19 06:31:26 CST 2004

On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 12:52:36PM +0100, Mathias Dzionsko wrote:
> I've setup pmwiki-0.6.0 to use MyGroup for $DefaultGroup and MyPage
> for $DefaultTitle in local/config.php.
> The Group MyGroup has a custom local/MyGroup.php. Additional i've
> made the two files local/Main.php and local/PmWiki.php with no
> contents.
>
> If i now look at pmwiki.php/PmWiki/PmWiki, there's no sidebar
> displayed (but an empty space).
>
> If i comment only the settings of $DefaultGroup and $DefaultTitle in
> local/config.php out, the sidebar appears.

The sidebar comes from a SideBar page in the current group, or if
one doesn't exist there then it comes from the SideBar page of the
default group.  So, changing the $DefaultGroup also changed where
PmWiki was looking for the SideBar page.  If you edit MyGroup.SideBar,
you should have a sidebar again.

Should PmWiki always load the sidebar from Main.SideBar until the
admin configures it otherwise, to avoid these kinds of surprises?