[Pmwiki-users] Know Bugs / Issues (4)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Wed Feb 18 06:24:40 CST 2004

On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 04:52:33PM -0800, Steven Leite wrote:
>    :attach:PmWiki/DocumentationAddMe
>    I  can't  find  where / how to use the :attach: directive, and I'm not
>    really  sure  how  to use it, so I'm just typing what I think I should
>    type.  (I'm guessing)
>    :attach.

When the markup eventually exists, it's probably best if it's not
documented on the website for a while because it won't be a part of
the PmWiki distribution--we'll just use it within the mailing list.

> attach:PmWiki/BugReports
>
>    I was trying to indent a <h2> heading, so first I tried:
>    ::!!MyLevelTwoHeading
>    That didn't work, so then I tried:
>    -->!!MyLevelTwo Heading
>    But that didn't work either.

There's not a way to indent a heading in the markup.  This is actually
built-in to the design of HTML, not PmWiki.  The normal way to indent
headings is to do so in the stylesheet

   h2 { margin-left:80px; }

>                                       :attach:Development.FeatureRequests
>
>    There  doesn't  seem  to  be  any  text formatting options for copying
>    snippets of plain-text (such as programming code, or copy-and-paste of
>    text-files) to a WikiPage.

We do this all the time in the documentation with [=...=] spanning
multiple lines.  Just do

   [=
   program code goes here
   =]

Be sure the line containing the first [= begins with spaces.  This feature
is documented in PmWiki.TextFormattingRules in the "Escape sequence" section.
However, it probably also belongs in the FAQ.