[Pmwiki-users] Local.php has been changed to config.php, what about local.css?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Tue Feb 17 14:35:58 CST 2004

On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 08:11:02AM +1100, Richard Canning wrote:

> Due to possible conflicts on case insensitive servers, you changed from
> local.php to config.php. Personally I like local.php, but this is not
> my software :)

Actually, the change was more because the general feedback I received was
that config.php was a better name for this, as it tended to hold
configuration data.  The fact that it's local is somewhat reflected by
the file's location (local/config.php).

And local.php continues to work, at least for the foreseeable future.

> However from what I can see local.css is still the file to use, as
> when I changed it to config.css the style sheets stopped working (beta15).
> Is this going to be changed for consistency?

Probably not--in this case the .css file contains the local, site-wide
stylesheet settings (which isn't really "configuration").  There's a very
good argument that they should be consistent, but I think the current
naming convention will be easier for new site administrators to follow.