[Pmwiki-users] Re: Call For Directory Simplicity

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Sat Feb 14 07:08:38 CST 2004

On Sat, Feb 14, 2004 at 05:44:11AM +0100, Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:

> But while we are talking about the directory structure. I started thinking
> about the CSS-files. Right now they're located in pub/CSS, but if (when) I
> fiddle with the CSS-files, I risk losing these changes the next time I
> upgrade pmwiki, or have I missed something?

The answer is to not fiddle with the distributed CSS-files...just override
the definitions in pub/css/local.css.  About the CSS-files:
  stdlayout.css
    has the minimal definitions needed for things to work properly,
    such as the layout for page history.  It should probably not be
    modified, nor need to be modified.
  pmwiki.css
    The default PmWiki "skin".  The best way to change this is to copy
    the file to another name such as myskin.css and then set
    $PageSkin='myskin'; in config.php
  local.css
    A place to put site-wide CSS settings
  $Group.css, $Group.$Title_.css
    Group and page-specific CSS settings

I'll put notes in the CSS files indicating that they shouldn't be modified
as well as instructions about where to put modifications.  Does that work?