[Pmwiki-users] Diff for PHP-Safemodeto

Nils Knappmeier nk
Fri Feb 13 05:09:06 CST 2004

Hi,

I realize that 0.6 still uses the unix diff functions, which cannot be
run when php is configured for safemode.
I still have my algorithm at hand (which I posted some time in Oktober).
I wonder what would be a clean way to
integrate it into a vanilla pmwiki 0.6. The patch I posted was rather
unclean, I guess.

The thing is, that the Diff and Patch functions are within pmwiki.php.
If I get the design right, every extension should be
done by just putting some files into the local/-Directory and by
modifying/creating the file local/local.php

The only way for a clean integration is imho to externalize the Diff and
Patch function into a file in scripts/ and make that
inclusion configurable via local/local.php. This shouldn't be too much
work, should it?

I have to admit that I'm still not really familiar with the way modules
work in PmWiki. Maybe I'm wrong with what I said above.

Nils

PS: The file that contains the algorithm is available on
http://www.knappi.org/download/phpdiff.tar.gz