[Pmwiki-users] How To Rename Pages

Greg Morgan Cybie
Thu Feb 12 23:28:30 CST 2004

I know there's a cookbook for renaming a page... but I'm not sure, in fact I
doubt, it changes pages that link to it.

  _____

From: Pmwiki-users-bounces at pmichaud.com
[mailto:Pmwiki-users-bounces at pmichaud.com] On Behalf Of Steven Leite
Sent: Friday, February 13, 2004 10:27 AM
To: pmwiki-users at pmichaud.com
Subject: [Pmwiki-users] How To Rename Pages

Forgive me if this already exists.  I'll blame it on bad documentation if it
does :)

I think it's extremely important for the ability to rename pages, AND for
that change to be reflected throughout the website.

Example:

If I have page called MySamplePg, and there are 50 other pages that make
references to that page, changing (renaming) the page to:  MySamplePage
should also update every other page in the Wiki so those links won't be
broken.

Does this ability already exit? If not .... well, comments, suggestions?

I think not having this feature is almost sacriligeous to the whole Wiki
concept, but that's just me :)

I know about [[redirect:]] but I think that's just a bandage solution.

Steven